Thursday, November 27, 2008

Frozen Strawberry Margarita

I am at long last sharing my famous strawberry margarita recipe. I've been perfecting it for almost two years, and am confident enough that I can share it freely.

Frozen Strawberry Margarita
6 oz 100 Años Blanco Tequila
4 oz Cointreau orange liqueur
10 oz frozen limeade
2 C crushed ice
2 1/2 C frozen strawberries
1 slice frozen peach
splash of DeKuyper Peachtree Schnapps

Combine all in a kickass blender. I use a VitaMix 5000, which does a bang-up job. Makes 4-6 servings.

Note: 100 Años is a relatively soft tequila. If you use a sharper tequila, you may need to adjust it with more strawberries or ice.

Let me know what you think!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds good man. I'll add that to my list of drinks to try. Right now though I've been sticking to some of the warm-you-up-from-the-inside to help fight the cold weather. Last night we had some good mulled wine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mulled wine is tasty. I'm going to try formulating a new recipe this holiday season. Once I come up with a good one, I'll post it here. In the mean time, http://joystickjunkie.blogspot.com/2008/12/hot-buttered-rum.html is a good warm-the-belly drink.

    ReplyDelete